Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Cute and Creative Bridal Shower :)

I wanted to share with you all some of the pictures from my fabulous bridal shower last weekend. They truly did an amazing job hosting it. Every little detail- the decorations, food, games, etc. It was so great! I had so much fun at the shower with friends and family. I feel so so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I must say, I have a very creative family. :)

The party planners are in the picture below... my cousin Heather, my aunt Terri, my grandma Diana, my aunt Karen, my sister Chelsie, and my cousin Kayleigh (who sadly couldn't make it).
They made this super cute fabric curtain/banner. They cut out strips of fabric and tied them in knots to a rope and hung it on the fireplace. It is something that could be reused again for another party like a baby shower or you could use them as curtain, etc. I think I am going to hang it up in my room! :)
I liked the decor on top of the fireplace too. They put up some fabric Anthropologie letters "M" for Mandy and "J" for Jon on top of the mantle. They also stacked antique books with little teacups and flower pots on top. So cute and creative!
As you can also see they decorated my "throne"- the place where I sat at my shower. They covered it in tule and my sister made really cute little felt birds and hearts that stuck to the tule. On the bottom right you can see they even put out my grandmas antique umbrella for decoration.
Here is the shot of the other side of the room. They made tissue paper pomander balls and hung them from the ceiling. So cute and really easy to make!
Look at these yummy cupcakes! They were amazing! They even made a few gluten free ones for me and they were delicious. Can you see the sparkle on the cupcakes? Love it!
My party planners also made these adorable signs to place near the food so everyone would know what they were eating. They bought little flowers and glued them onto some card stock. For the base they actually cut little styrofoam balls in half and covered them with fake moss. Great idea!
This was a really cute idea too. They made a jar that said, "Words of Wisdom" and asked everyone to fill out a card with some wisdom about marriage/life for me. Thanks everyone for all your advice! I really loved reading them. :)
They also did a cute game in which everyone had to unscramble the words that Jon uses to describe me. Very fun idea! They also filmed Jon secretly a week or two before the bridal shower and asked him questions about himself. At the shower they would ask me a question about Jon and play back the video with his answer. They kept track of how many I got right. It was so funny! And it was a great way to incorporate Jon into the shower too.

And here's a picture of Jon and I before everyone arrived for the shower. Jon left to go hang out with the guys shortly after this. :)

1 comment: