Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm back, with much to share!!!

Hi everyone! I would like to first of all say I am back to the blogging world! I cannot believe how much time flies. It has been almost 2 months since my last post.

Heres an update in my life since then:

My friend Erika got married on December 19th at her in-laws backyard in a large white tent. Despite the major downpour of rain we got all that week and the flooding in the yard, it was such a beautiful wedding. I loved her style- a kind of woodsy romantic feel to it. I was so honored to be a part of her special day. She was my roommate about a year ago and have missed her dearly since she moved back home to Visalia to go to nursing school. I will miss her even more when she moves to Texas with her husband where he is stationed in the navy. Below are a couple pictures I took from the wedding.

Jon and I about to get our boogie on at the reception :)
The adorable signs at the entrance to the tent
An overview of the tent as it was getting set up
A close up of the tables - I loved how the centerpieces were pretty cupcakes sitting on top of a slab of wood & I also loved the burlap runners
Their guest sign in tree- every guest dipped their finger in green paint and pressed it to the picture to make leaves- loved this too! They now has something personal & beautiful to hang in their house.
Me and the beautiful bride Erika :)
Sorry its a little blurry, but heres a pic of the bride and groom about to cut the cake
Moving on now to Christmas. As usual Christmas came and went so fast. I had a blast spending time with family and friends.

Here was our family Christmas photo this year. :)

My friend Katy is getting married February 12th- soon! We threw her a bridal shower a couple weeks ago and here are a few pics from that.

Dominique, Katy- bride-to-be, and I
I helped organize a few games- this one is the toilet paper bride
Voila! The finished toilet paper wedding gowns!

I think I may share with you all the games we played in a later blog post.

And finally... Jon and I went to Michigan to visit his family and to attend two of our bridal showers. We just got back a couple days ago actually. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from the showers, but they were lots of fun! We got some great gifts! Having bridal showers of my own made me realize how soon we will be getting married. Can't wait!

I did however get some pictures of the snow- it was pretty chilly over there.
Hope you all enjoyed this extra long blog post! Check back again soon, I will be trying to update more regularly now especially since I am kicking it into high gear now with wedding planning!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you again and read about all your adventures! Happy planning!

    ReplyDelete