Friday, September 2, 2011

Our Antique Kitchen Hutch

A little while back Jon and I bought an antique kitchen hutch off Craigslist!  We have an empty space in our kitchen dining area and think it would perfect there.  Of course it will look a lot better with some paint and no more yellow wallpaper on the inside.  Yikes!  I plan on painting it a barn red color and then making it look a little distressed, but my ideas may change.  I am looking forward to working on this once Fall weather rolls around.  I would prefer not to be painting in my garage in triple digit weather!  Anyway, here is a pic of the hutch exactly how we bought it.  I think it has a lot of character.  The man we bought it from said it probably dates back from the 20's or 30's.  Wow!  I will show you how it turns out once I'm done with it.


1 comment: