My mom, dad, sister, and I helped make the seating chart at our wedding. All of my family was onboard at this point in the wedding planning because it was getting to be crunch time.
Here is how we made it:
- I started by taking a very large frame and painted it white.
- Then I sanded it down to look distressed just like I did for the chalkboard menu frame.
- My dad cut a large piece of cork board to fit inside the frame.
- Then I sprayed an even thin layer of Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Spray onto the surface of the cork board and gently spread some linen fabric over the front of the cork board being careful not to leave any air bubbles beneath the fabric.
- My sister printed out the title and guests names with a fancy font she found onto some nice card stock paper. We organized everyone by last name on our seating chart. I thought it would easier for everyone to find their name this way.
- My mom found some decorative pins at a hardware store and used them to pin the guests names on the chart.
- The wooden heart was left over from the table numbers I made so I added a little personal touch by writing onto it with a brown paint pen, "Find Your Table" and stuck it onto the board with the pins.