Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cake Inspiration

Next week we are meeting with Sweet Dreams Bakery located in Oakhurst, CA for a cake tasting/meeting. We have heard many great things about this bakery so we thought we would meet with them first.

Jon is especially excited about meeting with the bakers because of the cake tastings, of course. I think this may be the most exciting part of wedding planning for him. lol. And... my dad wants to come to the cake tasting too! Figures! So next week on Thursday the four of us, my mom, dad, Jon, and I will be tasting cake. :)

The fun part for me is picking out the design of the cake. Don't get me wrong, I love cake, but since I found out that I have an intolerance to gluten there haven't been as many flavor options for me. Although I have heard that pretty much any wedding bakeries make gluten free cakes now that taste as good, almost as good, or better than the real thing. I do love that Betty Crocker has a line of gluten free baking mixes (I think the gluten free chocolate cake is better than the regular kind) and I discovered the other day that they have Bisquick gluten free pancake mix and it tastes just the same as the regular stuff.

Soooo, I am thinking we will make the whole cake regular and then just have one of the tiers (probably the small top one) gluten free for Jon and me. I don't want to make all our guests eat gluten free cake just because of me! Although, no one would probably know the difference. I bet it is more expensive though.

Anyway, to the fun part (at least for me).... the cake design! I have been looking on various websites for cakes I like the look of lately. I found some inspiration at Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot. Since my dress has lace on it, I'm thinking of incorporating a "lace-look" to our cake. I love how bakers can do just about anything anymore these days. They can make frosting look like lace! Check out these cakes I like below. Aren't they beautiful?!



Ps. It's Jon's birthday today!!!! If you know him make sure you wish him the very best! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment